The Wednesday Night Dirt Crits are 10 years strong and we're proud to work with Bike Monkey on our mid-week mountain bike lungbuster. Whether you're coming off a day at the office or bringing your kids by for their first race experience, the Dirt Crits are there to stoke the fires of both your fun and your fitness, all in and around Santa Rosa. Check Bike Monkey's Dirt Crit page for information on start times, venues, and other relevant race bits, then head on over to the most fun you can have in town on a school night.
As ever, The Bike Peddler will be hosting an elbow-rubber of a party with prizes, awards, grilled goods, and chilled beverages at the end of the series in August. Look for us to present a lucky junior racer with a brand spankin' new mountain bike for taking part in what's become one of Santa Rosa's racing traditions.
On Feb 20th (Wednesday) at 6:30 pm at NorCal Bike Sport we will have Long-time US Professional Racer, Roman Kilun sitting down with us for a 90 min. clinic on racing for the newbie and for the experienced.
This Clinic will teach racers (and event riders even) some of the less-obvious, but essential traits, tips, and tactics that the experienced Professional riders employ during their careers. We have titled this clinic “Racing for Dumbys” (thanks Yuri!) and in this instance, “Dumbys” means all of us, as we can all learn more from the top-level racers.
Please join us and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your interest to attend.
Cost will be $20 for prereg folks. $25 at the door. Space is limited.
Also Yuri Hauswald will be on hand to pass out GU Swag and samples for attendees!
New Twilight Training Series runs TUESDAYS ONLY from January 15-February 26
- 7 weeks/7 sessions beginning on January 15th and continuing through February 26th
- Tuesday nights 6:15-7:30pm.
- Arrive by 6pm to set up--crucial if using a CompuTrainer
- CompuTrainers must be reserved by 5pm on the day of session by submitting a Paypal payment to StrikLee Coaching: email@example.com
- Folks using standard trainers can also pre-pay via PayPal, or show up and pay by cash. Please email us to let us know that you are coming.
- What to bring: If you are bringing your own trainer, also bring a yoga mat or old towel to place under it. All participants should bring a small towel and plenty of water/energy drink. Your own fan is optional, but highly desirable!
- All 7 sessions $84 for a standard trainer, $140 for a CompuTraine
- Drop in rates $15 for a standard trainer, $25 for a CompuTrainer
- Newbie special Never been to a StrikLee indoor session? Pay only $10 to ride your own trainer or borrow one. Discount does not apply to CompuTrainers.
What you get:
- 75 minute indoor cycling sessions with 2 of Sonoma County’s top cycling coaches.
- The Performance Guarantee: to meet the goals of each type of athlete: event rider, weekend enthusiast, racer or fitness seeker, this 7 week Training Camp is designed to help you reach the highest level of intensity and duration possible for the investment.
- The Data Proof: StrikLee Coaching and NorCal Bike Sport offer the use of CompuTrainers for in-depth power analysis during sessions and empirical data feedback for each CompuTrainer athlete.
- Want to use your own trainer and your powermeter, or need to borrow a standard trainer for the night? No Problem! We have you taken care of, just let us know.
For more information on StrikLee Coaching, Like us on Facebook!
July 15th-70.3 and July 28th-full Vineman.
Norcal Bike Sport is the official tech support sponsor of the Vineman.
Have your bike shipped to the shop and our expert mechanics will assemble and tune your bike so you'll be ready for your event. We will also box your bike, padded and protected, for its journey back to your home or local bike shop.
Cost for both assembly/tune and repacking bike for its return trip is $150. Shipping charges are extra and vary according to region. General cost to ship a bike one-way is between $50(West coast) - $150(East coast) depending on amount of insurance requested and size of the box.
Contact Norcal for further information. Bikes need to arrive at the shop no later than 5-7 business days before your event.
Levi Leipheimer's Fit at NorCal
Celebrating the Spring Classics
This July, in partnership with peloton magazine and on behalf of Bikes Belong, we're going back to France with six female amateurs intent on writing a new chapter in the annals of women's cycling. The Rêve women's team will ride the complete 2012 Tour de France route, proving to themselves, other female cyclists, and women thinking about taking up the sport, that any bicycle dream is possible. In true Rêve fashion they'll ride one day ahead of the men's Tour, stay in the same spartan hotels and endure the unrelenting grind of daily transfers that define the three-week journey around France. Every training mile and every kilometer in France will be pedaled in support of Bikes Belong. Bikes Belong is a national coalition of bicycle retailers and suppliers working to make cycling safer and more accessible for women. We aim to make a significant contribution to that purpose.
Celebrating the Spring Classics
Norcal Present A Night of Cycling “Celebrating the Spring Classics”. Saturday, January 28. 7pm.
Enjoy an in-depth look at the unqiue experiences across the month of April from Velo Classic Tours owner Peter Easton. The evening will include a short video on the Tour of Flanders, a slide show and anecdotes from riding riding, watching and experiencing the Spring Classics LIVE!
Food and Drink Will Be Served.
NorCal Bikesport 425 College Ave., Santa Rosa, CA.
Please RSVP at 707-573-0112 or email Frank Ammirata
Twilight Training Camp Series offered by StrikLee Coaching at NorCal Bike Sport
Join StrikLee Coaching at NorCal Bike Sport for an indoor training "Happy Hour" this off-season. Each 4-week training series is designed to improve your riding skills and fitness—whether you are a novice, intermediate, or elite level cyclist.
The Scoop: Are you hoping to translate your fitness to real road cycling? Be part of an indoor cycling "team" that puts you on some of the county's and world's best roads through its virtual training experience. In each session, you will benefit from two top cycling coaches providing continuous instruction and individual feedback for optimal results.
- Reserve one of NorCal’s networked CompuTrainers and you can ride alongside or chase your competition up Alpe D'Huez, The Gavia, and Sierra Road, to name a few of the great roads of cycling. This power-based offering is a great training and motivational tool!
- Or, bring your own trainer or ride one of NorCal’s Cycleops Trainers (limited availability) and come along for the ride. Changes in resistance and effort levels will have you battling each week's course.
Kick off each session with plyometrics and core strength exercises, followed by at least 60 minutes of trainer riding.
- Each 4 week series is built on the concepts of periodization and specificity, and each and culminates in a "epic ride" to test your training.
The Details: Twilight Training Camp #1 begins on Tuesday, October 25th and runs for four weeks. The series is offered as a single day or two day per week option, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All sessions of starts at 6:15 pm and are 75-90 minutes in duration. The last date in this session is November 17th.
The Cost and Perks:
- Computrainer Networked Sessions: Ride with power on some of the world famous climbs!! Reserve soon, as there are only 8 of these trainers available $280 for series (8 sessions ) with pre-registration only $40 drop in fee.
- Regular Trainer Sessions: $140 for series (8 sessions) with pre-reg only. $20 drop in fee Cost for one-day per week series (participants must choose either Tuesday or Thursday when pre-registering) is $70 (4 sessions).
- Registrants for the entire series (8 sessions) will receive 2 water bottles and 1 tube
- Pre-paying for the entire series (8 sessions) gets you 15% off any product (no wheels or bikes) at NorCal for the duration of the series
- Want to shower afterwards? Contact Frank to reserve a time slot.
- Need a locker, simply ask Frank when you arrive
- Email StrikLee Coaching to pre-register, reserve your preference of trainer and get ready to ride!
- Head on into NorCal to sign up, reserve your preference of trainer, and prepay at the register.
- Check us out on Facebook. facebook.com/StrikLeeCoaching, facebook.com/norcalbikesport
A Fondo-liciously Grand Offer!
Flying your bike to the Fondo? Tired of the expense associated with flying your bike? Sick of that bike anyway? We have your solution here, registered Fondo riders! This year, NorCal is excited to offer a great deal on the purchase of a new road bike for the Fondo.
- Buy any new, in stock road bike and receive:
- - FREE custom fit
- - FREE shipping back to any location in the lower 48 states
If this is your first time attending the Fondo, or a veteran rider who forgot, bring in a printed copy of your registration to NorCal and receive a FREE road tube.
NorCal currently has a great selection of both new and on sale road bikes. The money you save on a bike, not having to ship your bike out here, and the free tube might allow you to take an extra day of vacation while visiting!
Designed by Odessa Gunn, wife of former U.S. champion Levi Leipheimer (and a former pro roadie herself), the Gunn Collection takes Capo's technology and fit expertise and cranks the style numbers way, way up. As with the other GS Capo Giro kits, the Barbie Camo setup is limited edition: When it's gone, it's gone.
The Barbie Camo jersey features Capo's lightweight Micro Quattro fabric and a form-fit cut for all-day riding comfort. The full-length, hidden, lockable zipper makes for easy temperature regulation and the two rear pockets have enough room to store all of your stuff. Why only two pockets? Because the tailoring is a little bit more snug, going with three pockets would have made them all pretty much unusable.
- Micro Quattro fabric
- Two rear pockets
- Hidden, full-length, lockable zipper
- Silicone gripper at waist
We've partnered with Nimble Training to offer six free clinics and rides to get you going - without intimidation or fear, just fun. Our experts are not only technically savvy, they absolutely live to support you in your riding endeavors. NorCal riding coach Jen Toland is known for her kindness and helpfulness to all levels of riders. Coach Dawn Silveira is, in the words of one of our athletes, "an awesome coach who builds our confidence, gives great skills and knowledge and encourages us." Sonoma County is lucky to have these two women coaches so committed to helping others. We can't wait to show you how much fun it is to ride!
Email Coach Jen for more info. firstname.lastname@example.org
Six clinic/rides are scheduled for free for you - we just ask that you RSVP so we make sure to save room for you! Clinics are on Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m.
- 5/19: Street Skills Review - Safe Riding on the Road, meet at Channel Drive parking lot
- 5/26: Hill Technique Skills & Strength, meet at Channel Drive parking lot
- 6/2: Group Riding Skills and Tire Changing Clinic, meet at NorCal BikeSport
- 6/9: Bike Handling Skills, meet at NorCal BikeSport
- 6/16: Hill Technique and Bike Handling, meet at Channel Drive parking lot
- 6/23: Group Riding Skills, meet at Channel Drive parking lot
We'll see you on Thursday night with your bike, your helmet, a bottle of water and you, ready to learn!
$$ FREE $$
Slide Show Tomorrow Night, 4/19, at Santa Rosa's REI. 7pm to 8:30pm.
The Bay Area Ridge Trail, a planned 550-mile trail on the spectacular ridgelines circling San Francisco Bay, is nearly two thirds completed; when finished, it will connect more than 75 parks and open spaces for hikers, mountain bicyclists, and equestrians.
Last August, Austin McInerny and I joined professional photographer Scott Markewitz, to make the first-ever circumnavigation of the Ridge Trail by bicycle.
Join me for slides and stories of this 214-mile van-supported adventure, which took us through 25 parks over five days. Learn about sections of the trail perfect for one-day rides, and find out about the great connections to California history along the trail.
Norcal now offers lactate threshold testing and a 6-week Computrainer indoor training program. These are not "spin" classes, but structured, interval training designed to get the most benefit out of limited training time. Classes are twice a week. Mon/weds evenings and tues/thurs mornings. More classes will be available in the future. Please contact us to sign up or be on the waiting list for the next available opening.
We're utilizing the training protocol designed by Dr. Max Testa. Dr. Testa has trained and worked with some of the best cyclists in the world. Now we're able to offer a comprehensive, science-based training program for all levels of cyclists.
Lactate threshold testing-$150. This test determines your training zones. Power and heart rate.
Computrainer classes-$300. These classes are twice a week.
We offer both a morning class training block and an evening class training block to accommodate your schedule. The sessions last 6 weeks.
Learn the benefits of Indoor Training
Sunday February 13, 2011 6pm @ NorCal Bike Sport
Dr. Max Testa, personal coach of local great Levi Leipheimer and Team doctor and coach of the professional BMC Racing Team will be presenting a quick talk on the general concepts of training, the speciﬁc value of high intensity indoor workouts, and how to determine individual intensity for each rider.
NorCal Bike Sport is now offering six-week block indoor training classes suited for any level, beginner or elite. Classes include blood lactate threshold testing to determine individual heart rate and power zones.
For more information contact Scott Nydam
email@example.com CELL: 707.494.9465
Last Saturday, under unseasonably Spring-like weather, the 13th annual Grasshopper Adventure Series pedaled off with a bang. The cycling faithful (some estimates have the field at over 225 riders) from far and wide descended upon Occidental for the Winter rite of passage-one which signals the official beginning of a new season of West County bragging rights-that would take them into the emerald hills of Occidental and Cazadero. NorCal Bike Sport, now the official shop of the GAS, was stationed in the parking lot which was teeming with excited and agitated riders, providing any last minute mechanical assistance that riders' might need.
A lung busting start up Coleman Valley Rd. sorted the field and had them spread out enough so that the high speed, roller coaster ride down Willow Creek Rd. was safe(r). DIstinct groups formed on the road to Duncans Mills and then all bets were off as riders ducked into the neighborhoods and began the long slog up Old Cazadero Road. Willow Creek, the second time, was the great equalizer as always, and was where many riders see-sawed back and forth, giving all they had left in their tanks.
What a glorious day it was- the perfect weather, the challenging course, and the hundreds of passionate cycling friends made it a ride to remember. Here's to seeing you at the next one!
NorCal and the Bike Peddler have become the official bike shop for ALL 2011 Bike Monkey events. Yup, any event that Bike Monkey puts on, will be well supported by NorCal and the Bike Peddler. Speaking of well supported, NorCal and the Bike Peddler have also offered to provide last minute race day technical and shop support at all of the Grasshopper events this year. Forget tubes or some energy food? Or worse yet, a chamois, rain jacket or gloves?! Have no fear because we will have all of your race day needs covered if you so happen to forget an essential, so look for our truck and tent.
Cyclocross at the Cow Palace
Bicycles for Humanity - Santa Rosa Chapter & Cardinal Newman High School
These are the three cardinal Newman seniors that are filling a container of bikes to Africa. Jonathan Fisher, John Piasta(team swift) and David Higgenbottom
Bicycles for Humanity Santa Rosa in conjunction with Cardinal Newman High School will be sending 400 bicycles to Ruacana, Namibia - Africa. The bicycles will provide sustainable transportation for healthcare workers treating AIDS and other diseases in rural communities. Check out bicylcles-for-humanity.org/santarosa for more information.
Used Bicycle Collection NEEDED: USED BICYCLES (in fair working condition)Bikes can be dropped off at:
Cardinal Newman High School
50 Ursuline Road, Santa Rosa 95403 (outdoor basketball court near gym)
Sunday November 21, 2010 10am-4pm
For more information contact Cardinal Newman Senior David Higgenbottom at:
707.583.4022 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cervelo: The Ultimate Ride!
Wherever you ride, Cervelo's fantastic bicycles excel. Every Cervelo features state-of-the-art materials, top-tech engineering and exceptional aerodynamics for an incredible ride.
The R3 SL, R3, RS, S3, S2 and S1 and are in stock at NorCal Bike Sport
Clinics & Rides
Wednesday morning shop rides at 10am.
NorCal Bike Sport’s service department can handle any type of bicycle assembly or repair. With the most skilled service staff in the Bay Area, our Tour de France proven mechanics have experience that is second to none.
Custom Bike Fitting
A professionally fitted bicycle makes you want to ride further, harder, and faster with maximum comfort.